Curriculum vitae - Torgeir Bruun Wyller
Born 1960 in Vancouver BC, Canada
Kari Bruun Wyller, Biologist/secondary school teacher
Thomas Chr. Wyller, Professor of Political Science
Married 1983 to Liv
Holtan-Hartwig, biologist/secondary school teacher
Tuva Elisabeth, born 1986
Guro Marie, born 1989
Fredrik August, born 1994
Examen artium, Nordstrand Secondary School, 1979
Cand.med., University of Oslo 1985
PhD, University of Oslo 1998. Thesis: "Consequences of cerebral
Specilist in Geriatrics and General Internal Medicine
March-June 1982 co-worker at Meyerløkkaprosjektet,
a multiprofessional project within social work in Oslo. Registered traffic
noise annoyance, and assisted in administartive work.
January 1986 - June 1987
house officer at Moss Hospital and the local municipality of Karlsøy
June 1987 - December 1988
caring work at home.
January 1989 - May 1990
medical officer and leader of the Health Department at Ila
1987 - 90 part-time general
practice in Oslo.
1990 - 91 survey of health
effects of traffic noise on behalf of the National Board of Health and the
Directorate of Public Roads.
Myi 1990 - August 1992 junior research
fellow at the Research Group in Geriatrics of the Norwegian National Health
Association, Department of Geriatric Medicine, Ullevål
February - August 1992
registrar at Department of Internal Medicine, Aker University Hospital
August 1992 - December 1996
junior research fellow and lecturer at University of Oslo, Department of Geriatric Medicine, Ullevål Hospital.
May 1995 - September 1999
consultant at Conrad Svendsen Centre, a specialized
nursing home and rehabilitation centre for deaf
people with various aditional handicaps.
March 1997 - November
2004 project coordinator (20%) for the development of Internet and intranet
resources for geriatric medicine in Norway.
1998-99 part time supervisor at the Stroke Project, Department of Geriatric
Medicine, Ullevål Hospital.
September 1999 - May 2002
registrar at Department of Internal Medicine,
Aker Hospital, September 2002 - December 2003 part-time (50%)
June - August 2002
Registrar at Department of Internal Medicine, Sorlandet
2002 part-time (50%) senior research fellow in geriatrics at the University of Oslo. Full time from January - September 2004
September 2002 - September
2007 part-time (20%) Associate Editor of the Journal of the Norwegian Medical Association
From October 2004 professor
in Geriatric Medicine at the University of Oslo, and consultant and Chief Physician at Department of Geriatric
Medicine, Oslo University Hospital.
Candidates supervised to
a completed dissertation:
- Dr. med.
Renate Pettersen: Micturition disturbances after
acute cerebral stroke. 2008.
- PhD Margrete Mangset: Autonomy and trust. Stroke patients and their relatives’ preferences for information and decision making during stroke treatment and recovery. 2009.
- PhD Vibeke Juliebø: Delirium, dementia, medical treatment, and mortality in elderly hip fracture patients. 2010.
- PhD Siri Rostoft Kristjansson: The role of geriatric assessment and frailty measurements in predicting surgical risk and survival in elderly patients with colorectal cancer. 2011.
- PhD Anne Kristine Gulsvik: Age, modifiable risk factors, and mortality. A 42 years prospective follow-up study in a general population. 2012.
- PhD Hege Kersten: Reducing anticholinergic burden in a frail elderly population: translating the inappropriateness of anticholinergic drugs into patient-related outcomes. 2013.
- PhD Maria Krogseth. Outcomes after delirium. 2014.
- PhD Leiv Otto Watne. Delirium in hip fracture patients: consequences, prevention strategies and pathophysiological mechanisms. 2014.
- PhD Bjørn Erik Neerland.
Delirium in elderly patients: pathophysiological mechanisms and clonidine treatment.
- PhD Karen Roksund Hov. Delirium: aspects of pathophysiology and treatment.
- Dr. philos.
Unni Sveen: Activities and well-being after stroke. 2004. Medveileder.
- Dr. med. Brynjar Fure: Improving the
diagnostic and prognostic accuracy in acute ischemic stroke. 2006.
- Dr. med. Ingun Ulstein: Dementia in
the family. 2007.
Karen Bjøro: Pain treatment: a risk factor for
delirium in older adults with hip fracture. 2008 (University of Iowa).
Hilde Sylliaas: Falls and hip fractures in the
Anne Lund: Lifestyle intervention for older adults in rehabilitation after
stroke: Development, implementation and evaluation. 2012.
- PhD Audun Myskja:
Integrated music in nursing homes – an approach to dementia care. (University of Bergen)
Hege Ihle-Hansen: Cognitive impairment after stroke and TIA. 2012.
Else Charlotte Sandset: The Scandinavian
Candesartan Acute Stroke Trial. 2012.
- PhD Berit Arnesveen Bronken. Promoting psychosocial well-being in persons with aphasia following stroke. An exploratory development and feasibility study. 2013.
- PhD Astrid Louise Wester. Bacteraemia caused by pneumococci and E. coli; Age-related differences in diagnostic markers, clinical presentation, microbial characteristics and outcome. 2014.
- PhD Astrid Hornslien.
Effects of blood pressure lowering treatment in acute stroke. Secondary analyses of the Scandinavian Candesartan Acute Stroke Trial. 2015.
- Phd Marius Myrstad. Endurance exercise and atrial fibrillation - Atrial fibrillation among Norwegian veteran endurance athletes and the association between endurance exercise and risk of atrial fibrillation. 2015.
- PhD Marte Mellingsæter.
Risk factors and mechanisms for falls in the elderly. Findings from a falls clinic and head-up tilt tests. 2015.
- PhD Anne Torbergsen. Nutritional risk assessment for Hip Fracture, a case contol study.
- PhD Mirza Jusufovic. Effects of blood pressure lowering treatment in different categories of patients with acute stroke: Analysis of the Scandinavian Candesartan Acute Stroke Trial (SCAST). 2017.
- PhD Benedicte Rønning. Frailty, functional status and quality of life in older patients after surgery for colorectal cancer. 2017.
- PhD Nina Ommundsen. Geriatric assessment with intervention and postoperative complications in frail older patients with colorectal cancer. 2019
- PhD Sigurd Evensen. Delirium motor subtypes in geriatric patients - a prospective observational study on risk factors, motor activity and outcomes. 2019
- PhD Lene Kirkhus. Assessment and impact of frailty and comorbidity in older cancer patients. 2020.
- PhD Lara Hvidsten. Quality of life in young-onset dementia - the untimely diagnosis. 2020.
- PhD Guri Hagberg. Long term effect of stroke on survival, cognition and amyloid brain pathology - a seven-year follow-up study. 2020
- PhD Maria Mehlum. Systolic blood pressure variability and risk of cardiovascular events and death in hypertensive patients treated with angiotensin receptor blockers or calcium channel blockers. 2020
Ongoing supervision for the PhD degree:
- Cand.med. Marte Wang-Hansen. Risik factors for readmittance among elderly patients.
- Cand. san. Gro Næss. Structured follow-up and management of home-dwelling seniors – evaluation of an ongoing quality assurance project.
- Cand.med. Rita Romskaug. Active cooperation for improved pharmacotherapy in frail elderly people.
- Stud.med. (Research Curriculum) Vilde Follum. Mild Neurocognitive Impairment.
- MSc Charlotta Hamre. Mobility and hidden impairments after cerebral stroke.
- Cand.med. Georgios Vlachos. Hidden impairments after stroke.
- Cand.med. Elisabeth Forfang. Treatment of intracerebral haemorrhage.
- Cand.med. Ane-Victoria Idland. CSF
markers in healthy elderly.
- Cand. med. Till Schellhorn. Neuroimaging markers of post stroke neurocognitive disorder.
- Cand.med. Ragnhild Munthe-Kaas. Cognitive symptoms after cerebral stroke.
- Cand. med. Kristin Tveitan Larsen. Study of Antithrombotic Treatment after Intracerebral Haemorrhage (STATICH).